Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Uzdrowisko and palace...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.06.2014


of Poniński Dukes in Horyniec Zdrój
    At the turn of the 16th century, the palace was a hunting castle of the king John III Sobieski, who was coming there for hunting. At that time, it was a one-storied building with a storied middle part. In the second half of the 17th century, Piotr Felicjan Telefus, Łabędź coat of arms, was the castle’s owner. In 1717, Mikołaj Stadnicki from Żmigród bought the castle. After the third partition of Poland, the authorities confiscated the whole property belonging to Stadnicki. In 1804, the estate went into the hands of Aleksander Koniński, the marshal of the partition sejm. The last but one member of the Koniński family, also Aleksander, enlarged the one-storied building adding a storey along the entire length and a two-storied wing. The building, already called the palace, was similar to the present one. In 1920, the last member of the Koniński family, Kalikst, died and the whole property went into the hands of count Karłowski, Koniński’s son-in-law. During the occupation, the palace was occupied by the invader’s army. In 1946, it was burnt by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. After the war, the palace was taken over by the local State Agricultural Farm (PGR). Since 1965, the former Trade Union “Metalowcy” became the owner of the palace. “Metalowcy” restored the building and, in 1969, they changed it into the Union’s sanatorium
   The bay in Horyniec-Zdroj appeared in 1973 on the water stream Radrużka. It flows through the valley surrounded by the mixed forest. The dyke, heaped up in this way, was originally used as a road for exporting timber from the State Forests. Thus the water reservoir was created with an area of 4,31 ha and it has been stocked by the SAF (PGR) for free. Nowadays this reservoir has a leisure recreation, fire retention and fishing function. The day is described in the registry as the Detailed Drainage Device. Preparatory works aiming at the developing land around the lagoon are currently carried out.



of the Łosiowie family in Narol (the Counts)
    Feliks Antoni, Count Łoś, raised on a hill outside the town a palace in the Italian style, which together with a park create one whole - the architectural and garden complex. On the palace’s fronton, there is a funding inscription from 1781. The palace park on the terraces of the French type with a symmetrical arrangement was established in 1773. The castle contained 50 rooms decorated with paintings, fireplace and equipped in stylish furniture. Among others, a dance room was decorated with a painting presenting the Tower of Leandros in Bosphorus and fishery. In a family room, there were 15 oil-portraits of members of the Łosiowie family. In the times of the Pomeranian voivode, Feliks Antoni Count Łoś, a music school, a dramatic school, and a theatre appeared in the palace, and a folk school appeared in the town.
   In memory of the founder of the town Florianów - Florian Łaszcza Neledewski - Count Łoś raised in the market place of the town Narol St. Florian’s monument with an engraved Latin inscription. St. Florian - the guards’ patron - is also the patron of Narol. In the proximity of the palace, near the road to Narol, on the swamps, Count Łoś raised a court chapel under the invocation of “the Heart of Jesus” together with a bell tower.
   As a result of partitions, the region of Narol fell under the Austrian annexation. Certain events took place then. Around 1800, the Austrian government resolved to build a commercial sawmill. The Jew Adler opposed the building. In 1818 Narol was haunted by a terrible fire, which destroyed 30% of the buildings.

Tourism... photo...
Zamość - (photo zakapior)
Info

Roztoczański National Park in Zwierzyniec