Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Rody Polskie... Kmita end Lubomirski family...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.01.2012

The castle in Wiśnicz

    Nowy Wiśnicz, situated on an afforested hill, is another place in Lesser Poland which necessarily ought to be visited.
   The castle belonging to the families: Kmitowie and Lubomirscy  undoubtedly attract tourists’ attention. It is one of the most precious works of the Early Baroque residentiary and defensive architecture in Poland. The history of the castle begins in the second half of the 14th century, when Jan Kmita of the Szreniawa coat of arms built a small castle with one tower surrounded by a palisade and a dirt wall. Next owners enlarged the building adding other towers and fortifications...
   Peter III Kmita and Peter V played an important role in a transformation of the castle into a powerful fortress. It was during the times of Peter V, the voivode of Cracow and the Grand Marshall of the Crown, when the biggest development of the castle took place...
Zhukiewicz Bohdan
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz


Read More...



Baranów Sandomierski the castle and the park...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.07.2012

Museum in Baranów Sandomierski

The history of the generations;
Baranowski, Kurozwędzki, Leszczyński, Wiśniowiecki, Lubomirski, Sanguszko, Małachowski, Potocki, Krasicki, Dolański.

visit: http://eu.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=25
http://eu.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=25&p2_articleid=158

   The castle in Baranów Sandomierski - a real pearl of renascence - is one of few so excellently preserved magnate residences in Poland. Built by Andrzej and Rafał Leszczyński at the turn of XVI and XVII century according to the architectural project  by Santii Gucci. Interior decoration were done by Falconi, and Tylman from Gameren created the gallery, which was added onto the castle elevation on the west side. Also, he is believed to be the author of the bastion defenses system. The Baranów castle is a three level structure constructed on a rectangular plan. Its corners are adorned by four towers topped with characteristic helmets. The middle of the front elevation presents a tower with the main front gateway, which leads through a stone entrance to an enchanting arcade courtyard. The columns of the ground level gallery are supported by ornamental macaroons, the vaults and walls are covered by wonderful polychromes.
   This world - class historic monument is currently the property of the Industrial Development Agency in Warsaw.

   An advantageous communicative location next to the ford across the Vistula decided about the origin and development of Baranów.
   The first mentions come from 1135, from the times of Bolesław the Wrymouth. The name Baranów is certainly derived from a rams breeding which from time immemorial was run by the inhabitants of the settlement. At the beginning, a small castle-town was situated there. In the middle Ages a fortified settlement was built…


photo Albin Marciniak, Bohdan Zhukiewicz, Jan, (zakapior)

   In 1578, the transition of the Baranów estate to the wealthy Leszczyński family, Wieniawa coat of arms, is the beginning of the Renaissance history of the castle in Baranów. The architectural shape of the castle was preserved till our times despite the numerous destructions and fires and constitutes one of the most precious monuments of the secular buildings from the times of Renaissance in Poland. The castle, in the shape in which it survived till today, is an impressive proof of a fine taste and esthetic culture of the Leszczyńscy family, who built it…
Worked out by Zakapior

translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz


Read More...



Krasiczyn
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.02.2011

Castle museum in Krasiczyn

The history of the families:
the Śliwiński, the Krasicki, the Modrzewski, the Wojakowski, the Tarło, the Potocki, the Piniński, the Sapieha ... family.

visit: http://eu.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=25
http://eu.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=25&p2_articleid=158


   Krasiczyn is a small town village situated not far from Przemyśl in the Podkarpacie region. In the 15th century, the  place was called Śliwnica and belonged to count Śliwiński, who won it in cards from the bishop Morągiewicz…
In 1525, when in the Krakow market place the Prussian Homage was paid by Albert of Hohenzollern to Sigismund the Old of the Jagiellon dynasty, Jakub from Siecin became the owner of the village. He gradually started to change a fortified manor which was built there into a castle...

The castle
The construction was started by Stanisław Krasicki, and was finished in 1631 by his younger son Marcin…

The park
The place is called a linden and oak miracle…
   The castle is surrounded by a beautiful, broad, romantic park with ponds and with many exotic species of trees and shrubs, which were brought by the Sapieha family from their numerous travels, and with monumental oaks and lindens (the Sapieha family introduced a custom of planting an oak tree when a son was born and a linden when a girl was born)…

photo (zakapior)
Worked out by Zakapior
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz

Read More...



Przemyśl or Casimir Castle
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.01.2011



The history of Przemyśl


   The oldest borough on the eastern fringe of the Republic of Poland, with a picturesque location on the point of contact of two geographical regions: the Środkowo-Beskidzkie Foothills and the Sandomierska Lowlands, in the valley of the San river.
   The town has been the capital of an independent duchy, of a land, starosty, county, district, voivodeship, and recently, of a district again. It is also a double metropolis: of the Roman Catholic and of the Unite (Greek-Catholic) Churches.
Worked out by Bohus Zhukiewicz


Read More...



Royal free city Przemyśl
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 15.01.2011



The Old Town Square

    The urbanites structure of Przemyśl Old Town quarter came into existence according to the Teutonic law in the 2nd half of the 14th-c. The Square, exceptional due to the sloping terrain, was designed as a quadrangle-like place with the sides of about 80 m.
   Till now three rows of buildings at the square have survived; the west one was demolished at the turn of the 18th-c.
   The preserved buildings have a characteristic three-rowed inner structure dating back to the 15th and 16th-c. and modernized in the next centuries. The buildings got their present shape and look at the turn of the 19th-c.
Worked out by Bohus Zhukiewicz


Read More...



The Przemyśl Fortress
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.01.2011



   Fortress was built in 19th c. by Austrian authorities due to the strategic location of the town. It is the third biggest fortress in the world after
Verdun and Antwerp
. Today it comprises 15 main and several dozen smaller forts around Przemyśl, whose total length amounts to 45 km, as well as  some other smaller military facilities in the town. Most of the forts are open to the public. A special, black tourist trail was marked for those who want to visit it on foot or by bike. Nearly every fort also has easy car access.
The Lower Sanok Gate – Society of Good Soldier
Kazimierz Błonar
translated by JB
photo Kazimierz BŁonar (zakapior)

Read More...



Visit Arboretum
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.12.2010

The Bolestraszyce Arboretum

- (lat. Arbor-tree) is situated 7 km
north-east from Przemyśl  and it belongs to the gems of natural and cultural heritage of the Małopolska region. The Arboretum boasts over 3800 species, varieties and forms of plants. The collection consists of unique native plants, foreign plants and historic plants. It’s worth visiting a great collection of wicker sculptures coming from the annual plein-air international art workshops “Wiklina in Arboretum”.
Zakapior
translated by JB
photo (zakapior)


Read More...



Rzeszów - a historic city
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 15.11.2010



    The colonization of today’s Rzeszów dates back to the Neolithic period. In the medieval times, a stronghold existed in the region of today’s Old Town (associated with the Sandomierz Land). In the 11th - 13th century, between the Wisłok River and the Przywra River, there developed a large trade and craft settlement. In the 13th century, the Ruthenia's took over the settlement, ousting the previous inhabitants further to the west, towards Kraków. Rzeszów, and the whole Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia, was re-incorporated into the Polish state after 1340.
Translator: Asia Sierańska

*
The underground tourist route
 * Old Town Synagogue and New Town Synagogue
* Convent of the Piarist Fathers
* The church of Observant Franciscans
* Rzeszów District Museum
* The Parochial Fara Church
* Secession Villas
* The Lubomirski Castle
* Summer Palace
of the Lubomirski’s
Opracowali; Mieczysław Kowal, Zakapior
translated by JB
photo Aleksander Hadała, Józef Gajda, Edward Janusz, Mieczysław Kowal, (bo, zakapior)



Read More...



Julin
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.11.2010

Palace of the Julin
... the entailed estate, the hunting palace of the Potocki family’s estate in Julin...
    The larch palace was built in 1880 on the occasion of the arrival of the Austrian archduke Rudolf. When the castle belonged to the Potocki family, many dignified guests from all over the world visited it. A kitchen, a pavilion, “a dyrektorówka”, a cellar – a cold room remained from that period. Also the architecture of the hunting palace in a Swiss style is preserved.
… it was raised by the second heir of Łańcut, Alfred Potocki. The construction of the complex was finished in 1880. In 1927, the palace was enlarged. The complex includes: a hunting palace, servants’ quarters…

Worked out by Zakapior
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz
photo (bo, zakapior)


photo (bo)

Read More...



Łańcut
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.10.2010

Castle museum in Łańcut

History of the families:
Pilecki, Stadnicki, Lubomirski, Potocki.

    Castle complex of Łańcut, together with the town’s architecture, make up for one of the most precious monuments of  this kind in Poland. Former seat of the aristocratic families of Lubomirski and Potocki was constructed in 1628-1641. presently the castle, surrounded by a beautiful park, houses a museum of historic interiors with vast collection of sculptures, historical work of art and books. The castle complex also includes a little romantic castle and a Coach House including a unique collection of coaches and a rich iconostasis.
* an orangey
* a park
* a couch house
* an orchid house


The town Łańcut
…confirming the existence of Łańcut is a papal bull of Pope Gregory XI from 28th January 1378

Worked out by Zakapior
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz
photo (bo, zakapior)

Read More...



« PreviousNext »
Tourism... photo...
Zamość - (photo zakapior)
Info

Roztoczański National Park in Zwierzyniec