Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
History Galicia and Lodomeria, Zakarpacie, Podole, Wołyń, Kresy.
Articles
Lubomirski Dukes
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.08.2010

The castles end the palace's of the Lubomirski Dukes

The Nowy Wiśnicz Castle


in Rozwadów


in Przemyśl
    One of the leading objects which has not been mentioned here yet. Perhaps the reason for it is that it is hard to accidentally come across Bakończyce, which are a quite peripheral district of Przemyśl. Formerly, Bakończyce was a separate town; a fortified manor and a zoological garden - a summer mansion of starosts of Przemyśl - were situated there. In 1778, the goods were sold by the Austrian authorities to count Ignacy Cetner, and by the way of affinity and proprietary changes, they became a part of the Lubimirski family property.
   The palace - in the place of a fortified manor mentioned by the 17th century sources - was raised in 1885-1887 on the command of Duke Hieronim Lubomirski, according to a design by Maksymilian Nitsch. Due to the lack of means, the interiors have never been finished. Around, there is a park and a lot of remainders and buildings of the well-prospering farm. Horses were bred in the farm, and a brewery was located there. It is one of those eclectic mansions, that when one stands next to it he or she expects to hear a sound of a riding cab, the noise of coming inhabitants or a luxurious car from the 20s coming to the driveway…

in Przeworsk
    We owe the construction of the Lubomirski family’s palace in Przeworsk to duchess Izabela from the Cartoryski family Lubomirska, the landlady of Łańcut. Because of the proximity of Łańcut, goods in Przeworsk were the ideal place for a mansion of the favorite pupil of the duchess - Henryk Lubomirski. In the last decade of the 18th century, after the childless death of previous owners, Zofia from the Krasiński family and Antoni Lubomirski, Przeworsk and contiguities were inherited by four daughters of duchess Izabela. In 1799, she signed with her daughters a contract of purchase, and in exchange for 1 300 000 zlotys she bought the town Przeworsk with neighboring villages. In the same year, she started to build a modern but small mansion for her foster-son.
    The palace was raised with the use of foundations and walls of the already mentioned manor from the first half of the 17th century. Till 1802, Jan Griesmeyer, the court architect of the duchess, supervised the construction. In 1803, Christian Piotr Aigner became the new architect of the duchess. Constructions which Aigner was to supervise were mentioned in his contract, among them there is also the palace in Przeworsk. Fryderyk Bauman, a stucco-worker, the author of decorations in the first floor, also co-operated. The construction works, despite the small size of the building, as evidenced by bills paid by the duchess and her letters, lasted few years. Certainly, other constructions in which both authors were engaged were an obstacle for the quick completion of the work.
   The date of completing the works is not known, but surely the palace was ready to inhabit in 1807, because Duke Henryk married in Dresden duchess Teresa Czartoryska then.


in Boguchwała
     The palace is surrounded from the South and from the East by a park, from the North by a church, and from the West by farm buildings. The palace itself was built by a powerful magnate, Duke Teodor Konstanty Lubomirski, in 1728 with the use of the former fortified manor’s walls. A wonderful Baroque mansion, the only of its kind, came into being. Today, the palace is the part of a bigger whole and consists of a storied pavilion and a one-storied connector. In the surroundings of the palace, there are other monumental objects connected with the palace preserved till today: a brick granary from around 1850 - today, there is a Communal Public Library in it; a fence with an entry gate - the brick and cast-iron one from the half of the 19th century reconstructed in 1912; and a stone figure of St. John Nepomucene in direct proximity of the entry gate from the end of the 18th century.

in Rzeszów
    Lubomirski Summer Palace in Rzeszów is one of the most valuable architectural city preserved to our times. Located in close proximity to the Castle of the Lubomirski, over the centuries, it has undergone many reconstructions. He did not keep their original architectural garments, as well as the baroque gardens that stretched around. Despite this, the testimony of a former glory still patronage of the Lubomirski family, then owners latifundium.
    The report of the scientific trips conducted in 1886 Władysław Łuszczkiewicz wrote that "... It is the memory of Saxon times, the place delightful playground that looked like masters of our life spent in foreign capitals ...". Not preserved archival plans or any supporting documents explicitly name of the designer of the building. Any analysis of the historical and stylistic point to the origin of the Dutch architect - Tylman Gameren, reduced to Rzeszow end of the seventeenth century, transfer Hieronim Augustyn Lubomirski. Thus, the object could be created approx. 1,700 years. According to the hypothesis by Julian discontinuities in the historical sketch entitled "Rzeszowskie the Saxons" from 1938, summer palace was rebuilt probably after 1737, ie after the wedding fifty Jerzy Ignacy Lubomirski less than fourteen baroness Joanna von Stein zu Jettingen. It is for the young wife, according to the touch, Jerzy Ignacy "... created wonderful gardens with ponds, Chinese pavilions, surrounded by dwarfs and blacks - for her probably made the reconstruction of the summer palace ... full of special charm and exceptional refinement." The reconstruction included only the outer silhouette, changed shaped roofs and architectural decoration. Added busts, the cavity and the frontons. Park layout has been changed. Shortly later they extended with the middle of the second floor of the building. To this day we failed to determine who was the creator of the said interior decorative, preserved in the form of wooden framings, and decorative busts of establishing a great garden.


The Rzeszów Castle


in Stara Ľubovňa The Ľubovňa Castle



in Lvov
For other uses, see Lubomirski palace.
   The Lvov palace of Prince Stanisław Lubomirski was built in the 1760s to Jan de Witte's design on the site of several older houses (one of which had been the property of Szymon Szymonowic. The palace's main façade, featuring decoration by Sebastian Vessinger, is on the Market Square. The two other fronts are considerably less conspicuous.
   Between 1771 and 1821, the Lubomirski Palace served as the residence for Austrian governors of Galicia. It was purchased by a Ukrainian organization, Prosvita, in the 19th century and subsequently became a hotbed of nationalist activities. It was there that Yaroslav Stetsko proclaimed Ukraine's independence several days after Nazi Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union.
   Next door to the Lubomirski Palace is the former palace of the Roman Catholic archbishops where King Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki. died in 1673.

History... photo...

Kamianets-Podilskyi - (photo zakapior)

Info