Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
History Galicia and Lodomeria, Zakarpacie, Podole, Wołyń, Kresy.
Articles
Trail of manor architecture - palace and park complex. Teams park - court and residential...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.07.2011



Arboretum and Institute of Physiographic.
   The Bolestraszyce Arboretum is situated 7 km north-east from Przemyśl and it belongs to the gems of natural and cultural heritage of the  Małopolska region (south-east Poland). In Bolestraszyce history unites with modern times. This historic layout engulfs a park and a mansion - in which in the first half of the 19th century an excellent painter Piotr Michałowski lived and painted - and also a 19th century fort of the former Przemyśl Fortress. Aged trees, being a remainder of the old castle gardens, are a very picturesque feature among new plantings, consisting of the species of foreign origin, as well as of the native specimens - trees, shrubs, and other rare, endangered, disappearing and protected plant species. The Arboretum is arranged in the vein of an old horticultural tradition of the Małopolska region, and especially looks to: Sieniawa, previously owned by Izabela Czartoryska, Magdalena Morska-Dzieduszycka Zarzecze, Dubiecko, formerly belonging to the Krasicki family, the Lubomirski Miżyniec and the Pawlikowski Medyka.




Palace and park,
the Dzieduszycki family in Zarzecze (the Counts)

    Magdalena Morska (1762-1847), the only daughter of Tadeusz Dzieduszycki and Salomea Tremblińska, in 1782 married her cousin,  Ignacy Morski. In 1817, the couple divorced and Magdalena 
permanently settled in Zarzecze. The village (whose history reaches back to the middle Ages) was the centre of the family estate of the Dzieduszycki family, and due to
Magdalena
, it became the most important, apart from Łańcut, centre of cultural and social life in the region.
   A building in the empire style, i.e. in the imperial style of the late phase of Neoclassicism connected with the period of Napoleon’s reigns, was worked out. The style was  reflected in architecture, interior design, and furniture making. It was characterized by splendor, monumentalize, abundance of ornamentation and reference to art of ancient Greeks and Romans. In August of the same year cellars were built, and by the end of 1818, the palace was ready. In February, a festive breakfast in which the countess’ guests participated took place.




the Krasicki family in Dubiecko

    The castle complex was raised by the end of the 16th century by the Stadnicki family and it was enlarged by  Marcin Krasicki in 1611. It was reconstructed several times. The castle owns its final appearance to the Konarski family, who around 1900 changed it into a Neo-Gothic palace. Only dungeons and Gothic portals in the basements remained till today; also the remnants of the 17th century fortifications are visible. The palace is surrounded by a park in which magnificent specimens of trees - monuments of nature - may be admired; some of the trees are 300 years old.
* Ignacy Krasicki, 3 February 1735 was born in Dubiecko leading "the Prince of Poets".
* In 1551, in this castle, Stanisław Stadnicki known later as "The Devil of Lancut", the trawler and the blusterer, was born.




the Załuski family in Iwonicz Zdrój (the Counts)

    The Old Palace - a building built in 1838 for the Załuski family’s needs as their summer palace. It is  situated in the centre of Iwonicz, next to a promenade and the Zdrojowy Park. Formerly, it had a residential and receptionist functions. It is a two-storied building with a four-column portico on thick pillars connected by arcades in a front façade located at the height of a first storey. In a back façade, at the height of the first storey, there is a deep loggia on pillars.
   The palace in the late neoclassical style according to a design by Amelia Załuska. The building was made in Palladian style. Currently, the management of the Health Resort Iwonicz S.A. has its seat in the building. Today, it constitutes an interesting example of transposition of brick buildings into wood.




Palace and park in Dukla,
- the castle complex of the Mniszek family (the Counts)

    The original castle was raised probably around the 16th century by Jan Jordan, Trąby coat of arms. Franciszek Bernard Mniszek, the starost of Sanok, the castellan of Nowy  Sącz, the brother of czarina Maryna, erected the castle from the ruins in 1636-38 by changing it into a modern rampart fortification established in a quadrangle in “palazzo in fortezza”  type. Another period of rebuilding and enlargement in 1764-65, in its general shape preserved till today, took place on the initiative of Jerzy August Mniszek, the marshal of the court of the Crown, the general starost of Greater Poland, the castellan of Cracow and his wife Maria Amalia from the Brühl family. A Late Baroque mansion in a French style, in "entre cour et jardin” style was built then. In the 60s and 70s of the 18th century, the palace was an important centre of the cultural and political life in the contemporary Poland. After the palace’s destructions caused by fires, the owner of the building, Cezary Męciński, in 1875 started reconstruction works, which partly covered original features of the building. In the period of the last warfare and just after it had finished, the building was destroyed and the equipment dispersed. After the thorough renovation works had been conducted, the palace and park complex became a Museum.




   Castle in Szymbark (Manor defense Gładyszów)
- a building built around 1540, located in the village of Szymbark in Gorlice County. It is the best example of castle in Poland,
- is the former residence of the Gładyszów. It is a very valuable architectural monument of the Renaissance in Poland, described by experts as a  leading example of Polish castle. They were built it in two stages. Construction began in the first half of the sixteenth century and was completed in the years 1585 - 1590. We do not know the names of the architect or builders. It is built of local stone with the addition of broken bricks. In the second phase construction of the mansion block crowned attic arcade, on the elements which placed sgraffito of geometric motifs interspersed with fantastic masks. Windows object are richly profiled Renaissance stonework. Castle is built on a rectangular plan with sides of length 20 and 13 meters. It has four corner towers alcove, where the floors protrude beyond the face of the walls and are supported on stone corbels. The building has three floors - basement, ground floor, first floor.
   By the end of the seventeenth century, he served as a representative and residential. Accommodations include: two cellars of /kolebkowych/ vaults on the ground floor hallway and two rooms on the floor of the great hall representative, next to her less and the four corners of the alcove. To this day, just in alcoves survived many original features, stonework portals, fragments of fireplaces and some polychrome wall in two rooms.
   Mansion located on a slope on Ropa River and are equipped with the shooting placed at the height of the attic, which was indicative of the needs of defense. It does not seem,  however, to serve as residence Gładyszów had a significant role in the system of defensive castles in the southern borderlands of the Republic. In the seventeenth century manor cracking walls reinforced with external buttresses of stone and brick, and in the eighteenth century added interior walls. In the 50s, during the first phase of renovation of the secondary components were removed and restored Renaissance style mansion.
   The manor was inhabited until the end of the eighteenth century. After Gładyszach passed successively in possession Strońskich, Siedlce, Bronikowskis, Rogoyskich, Sękiewiczów and Kuźniarskich. In the nineteenth century, it housed a distillery and granary. At the end of the nineteenth century, and even in the interwar period he functioned on the ground floor kitchen servants court and a chicken coop. Manor also served as junk, in which the stored unnecessary equipment.

History... photo...

Kamianets-Podilskyi - (photo zakapior)

Info