Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Sanok - Mrzygłód - Dubiecko - the San Valley Route...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.01.2011

Mrzygłód

photo (zakapior)

Piątkowa
    Baroque orthodox church of St Dymitr from 1732 in Piątkowa. The orthodox church is oriented. The temple is topped with three onion-shaped domes on octagonal drums. It has a distinctive roof which rests on stone pillars and unique, wooden elements (gargoyles).
   The Unit church under the invocation of St Dimitri which was erected in 1732 (or it is very likely that it was merely reconstructed then). This place of worship was renovated in 1958-1961. It remained abandoned since 1947. The temple in Piątkowa is one of the very few threefold copulated Unit churches that have been preserved in the region of south-east Poland.

Bachórzec
     The former Roman-Catholic parish church of St Catherine was built between 1760 and 1762 as a foundation Antoni Krasicki from Siecin. It was thoroughly renovated in the 19th century (it wa then provided with neo-baroque interior wall paintings) and after it suffered damage during the First and Second World Wars. Since 1961 it has stood disused. In 2000 it was renovated and restored. The church in Bachórzec is an example of baroque wooden architecture.
   Larch church of St. Catherina in Bachórzec, built between 1760-1763 in architectural style of Carpathian Baroque. Inside 19th century neobaroque paintings.


Obarzym
    The Unit church under the invocation of the Ascension of Christ which was built in 1828, renovated in 1926. The church was abandoned after 1945. It was, however, restored in 1970, and has functioned as a Roman Catholic church ever since then. Its original, central spatial lay-out, rarely applied in building construction in south-east Poland, remains detectable, irrespective of the significant alterations carried through during the last renovation.

Dydnia
    Neogothic, brick, parish church dedicated to St. Michael Archangel and St. Ann in Dydnia, founded by squire Feliks Pohorecki and parishioners, consecrated in 1882, with 18th and 19th furnishings moved from the former church building. Beside, the parsonage in the Zakopane style.



Jabłonka
 Wooden parish church of Our Lady of Częstochowa in Jabłonka, funded by Kraiński squires, designed by Bogdan Treter, modeled in the architecture of churches of Podhale. Near, the nineteenth-century status of Our Lady.



Łodzina
    The Unit church under the invocation of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary which built in 1743, at present a Roman Catholic church. This holy place was renovated in 1875 (including the iconostas). The church is an exemplification of both the sacral, and brick, architecture that became prevalent in the area of the Higher San.

Dobra
    At present there is a complex comprising two Orthodox churches in Dobra. The gate-church, which dates from at I east 17th century, had its ground storey reconstructed in the 19th century. The church under the invocation of the Ascent of the Holy Cross is dated from 1879, however, this structure is most presumably much older. The gate-church is the only monumental structure of its kind in Poland a relied that is rooted in the tradition of medieval building construction in conformity with which temples would be situated above the grew in fortifications.


photo (bo)

Hłomcza
    The Unit church under the invocation of the Virgin Mary which was built in 1859. At that same time the brick belfry was erected in the immediate vicinity thereof, comprising three bells, one of which dates from 1668.


photo (zakapior)


Tyrawa Solna
    The former Uniat parish church under the invocation of John the Baptist (at present a Roman Catholic daughter-church) which was created in 1837 owing to the funds of the "parch" (a Greek Catholic parish-priest) from Tyrawa by the name Jerej Mejnicki. This structure is an exemplification of folk building construction in the spirit of classicism, with apparent Latinate elements.

Siemuszowa

    The Uniat daughter-church under the invocation of the Transfiguration (at present the Roman Catholic of the Baptism of Christ) which was erected in 1841. Inside, the iconostas, which dates from the second half of the 19h century, has been preserved. This structure is am exemplification of folk building construction in the spirit of classicism, with apparent. Latinate elements portrayed in the traditional mainstream of the sacral architecture of the Josephine penned.

Hołuczków
    The former Unit parish church under the invocation of St Paraskeva (at present a Roman Catholic daughter-church) which was built in the half of the 19th century by a local carpenter Konstanty Mielnik. The Unit church underwent thorough restoration in 1902. This structure, with its simple architectonic plan, is an exemplification of folk building construction in the spirit of classicism.
Zakapior
translated by JB

photo (zakapior)

... photo...

Piątkowa - photo Wiesław Gargała

Info




The wooden architecture route in Podkarpacie


Of Folk Architecture Museum in Sanok



Zyndranowa


Kolbuszowa
Park Etnograficzny
skansen