Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Bieszczady - the Osława's Valley Route
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.12.2012

Morochów
 - the first mention of this village comes from 1402. The first owner and founder was Bota, who came to this area from outside the Carpathians. The village was administrated according to Wallachia law. In 1469 seventeen serfs lived there. From the southern part of Morochów, Morochowska Wola arose, which later changed its name again into Mokre. The first mention of parish orthodox eastern church comes from 1507. In the middle of 16th century, there were three inns, a falling-mill and two mills in the village.In the middle of the village, there is a monumental orthodox church (previously greek) under the invocation of Meeting God. The church is wooden, built in 1837. Inside, there is a complete iconostas made in the time when the church was built.
Zakapior
translated by JR


photo Bohdan Zhukiewicz

Szczawne
    The former Unit parish church under the invocation of Eternal Rest of the Virgin Mary (at present an Orthodox daughter - church) which was erected in the years 1888 - 1889. A wooden belfry was also built at that time. In 1025 the interior of the temple was adorned with polychrome. In 1968 repairs to the church roof were carried out and then in 1973 the belfry was renovated.
Zakapior
translated by JR


photo (zakapior)

Rzepedź
    The Greek-Catholic local church of St Nicholas was built in 1824 (according to the inscription in a corner of the door to the babinets). Since 1949 it has been used as a Roman-Catholic local church and a Greek-Catholic chapel at the same time. The free-standing bell tower was built together with the church. The church was renovated and altered in 1896. The roof construction was then altered and the interior was provided with wall paintings (painter Josip Bukowczyk). In 2000 the church was completely renovated.
Zakapior
translated by JR


photo Bohdan Zhukiewicz (bo)

Wisłok Wielki
   A uniat church complex. The church under the invocation of St Onufry (at present a Roman Catholic church) which was erected along with a brick gate-belfry in the years 1850-1854. The temple in Wisłok similarity to a number of other churches that have been preserved in the Osława river valley represents the type of sacral architecture that was widespread in the central and caster regions of Łemkowie country in the 19thcentury.
Worked out by Bohdan Zhukiewicz

photo (zakapior)

Radoszyce

photo (bo, zakapior)

... photo...

Piątkowa - photo Wiesław Gargała

Info




The wooden architecture route in Podkarpacie


Of Folk Architecture Museum in Sanok



Zyndranowa


Kolbuszowa
Park Etnograficzny
skansen