Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Pogórze Przemyskie - the Trail...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 05.06.2019

Medyka
   The parish church under the invocation of St Peter and St Paul which was erected in 1607. It was completely redeveloped in  1850 (its interior, which comprised a single nave, was extended to form a tri-nave structure, a so-called barrel vault was added, a sacristy made of brick was erected south of the presbytery, and on the other side, north thereof, an analogous room was built a vestibule). In 1880 the shape of this structure was substantially modified by "detaching" the tower from the main body of the church and setting it as a detached belfry. Renovated in the years including 1900 and 1955.

Leszno
    The Greek-Catholic church of St Basil the Great (since 1957 Roman-Catholic) was built in 1737 and altered in 1971 and
1989. In spite of the alterations, the church with its archaic layout is one of the country's most valuable monuments of Eastern-rite sacred architecture. Until recently it formed a complex with another unique architectural monument - a 16th-century bell tower (it collapsed in 2000). The bell tower will soon be rebuilt on a new site next to the wooden Greek-Catholic chapel of the Holy Trinity (now a Greek-Catholic parish church) some 200 meters north of the former parish church.

Kuźmina
    The Unit church under the invocation of St Dimitri which was erected in 1814. In 1938 the church was seized from the Ukrainians and handed over to function as a Roman Catholic church.

Roztoka
    The Unit church under the invocation of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary which was erected in 1936 in the place of an earlier wooden church dating from 1822; at present a Roman Catholic church. This temple belongs to the group of monumental structures, with extensive representation in the area of south-east Poland, whose from was vastly shaped in the event of the search for a style that was to lead up to the arrangement of a so-called universal "national style".

Wojtkowa
    The Unit church under the invocation of the Birth of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary which was erected in 1910 (a Roman Catholic church since 1973). Following the eviction of the Ukrainian population, the church remained derelict, but later served the purpose of the Fire Brigade storage house. The Unit church in Wojtkowa belongs to the group of monumental structures whose form was shaped in the event of the conscious search for the so-called universal "national style".
Zakapior
translated by JustynaB

photo (zakapior)

... photo...

Piątkowa - photo Wiesław Gargała

Info




The wooden architecture route in Podkarpacie


Of Folk Architecture Museum in Sanok



Zyndranowa


Kolbuszowa
Park Etnograficzny
skansen