Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Articles
Ethnographic regions - The open-air museum in Sanok
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.05.2011


photo (zakapior)

   
From 1947 four ethnographic groups existed on the area of south-east Poland: the Bojkos and the Lemkos (Ukrainian groups), Dolinianie - the valley inhabitants - (group which has Polish and Ukrainian features) and Pogorzans (Polish group). Among this last group there was so called  Ukrainian island created by Zamieszańcy, that is inhabitants of 9 Ukrainian villages near Krosno, separated from the rest dense Ukrainian area with a strip of Polish settlement. Although, all above mentioned groups occupied piedmont and mountainous region, they differed in character of economy from one another (The Bojkos and the Lemkos - agriculture with a huge share of farming, Dolinianie and Pogorzans – definitely agricultural character). This diversity had fundamental influence on character of material culture (architecture, dress), spiritual culture (family and annual ceremonies) as well as on many other elements of everyday life.
Zakapior (photo zakapior)
translated by Justyna Rymarowicz

Read More...



Ethnographic regions... sacral buildings
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.04.2011


Sierakośce, district: Przemyśl
The Church belfry (1712)

The museum of folk architecture in Sanok

The Church from Bączal Dolny

- under the invocation of St. Nicolas the Wonder-Worker from 1667 from Bączal Dolny near Jasło in the Ethnographic Park is situated on a little eminence in the East Pogorzans section.

The Orthodox Church from Rosolin
- under the invocation of St. Onufrius the Hermit from 1750 from Rosolin can be found in An open Air Museum in Sanok in the Bojkos section.

The Orthodox Church from Grąziowa
- under the invocation of the Nativity from Grąziowa is now situated in the Ethnographic Park in the Bojkos section.
Zakapior (photo zakapior)
translated by Justyna Rymarowicz

Ropki, distict: Gorlice
The Greck-Catholic Church (1801)

photo (zakapior)

Read More...



Ethnographic regions... Sanok
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.03.2011

The cottage (1906)
   The dwelling accommodation with a main room (izba), located in the centre between a hall and a storeroom. At the back of the hallway a small kitchenette was set up. In front of the cottage there is a bridge, which provides access to the storeroom. The interior is from the period between the World Wars, There is a stove for cooking directly on the fire, rebuilt from a chimneyless stove, and a table with a storage box and a movable table - top. In the kitchenette imported Slovak ceramics.

Zakapior (photo zakapior)
translated by Justyna Rymarowicz

Skorodne, district: Ustrzyki Dolne


Read More...



Sanok - Mrzygłód - Dubiecko - the San Valley Route...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.01.2011

Mrzygłód

photo (zakapior)
This place was called Tyrawa (Królewska) usual the 16th century.
Zakapior
translated by JB

* Piątkowa - 1732

 * Bachórzec - 1760
* Obarzym - 1828
* Dydnia - 1917
* Jabłonka

* Łodzina - 1743
* Dobra - 17th
* Hłomcza - 1837
* Tyrawa Solna - 1837
* Siemuszowa - 1841
* Hołuczków - 19th


* Ulucz - 1510-1517
The Historical Museum in Sanok
   The Unit church under the invocation of the Ascension of Jesus  Christ (initially a monastery church) which was built according to tradition, in the years 1510 - 1517 (the dendrochronological research, however, suggests the middle of the 17th century) and is closely associated with the earlier existing defensive monastery of the Brazilians Abandoned after 1947. It was renovated and reconstructed in the years 1960 - 1964, at present a branch of the MBL in Sanok. This Brazilian temple still remains one of the few wooden. Unit churches to have been preserved, so offering insight into the oldest sacral architectures.

Read More...



Lutcza - Krosno - Czerteż - the Trail...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.12.2010

   The Wooden Architecture Routeleads through the Silesia, Malopolska and Podkarpacie regions in south and southeast of Poland. It is 3037 km long and includes 448 buildings of which 9 trails (of the total length of 1202 km) and 127 buildings are in Podkarpacie. The wooden huts, churches, mansions and open-air-museums visited along the way represent various historical periods, local traditions and cultural influences and as such offer an unprecedented diversity of styles. The most interesting are churches in Haczów and Blizne included in the World Heritage UNESCO List. The route is possibly the only such tourist attraction in Europe.
Zakapior
translated by JB


* Lutcza - 15th century
* Bonarówka - the Uniat church 17th century
 * Domaradz - 15th
* Humniska - 15th
* Jurowce - the Uniat church 1873
*
Czerteż - the Uniat church
*
Jasienica Rosielna
*
 Krosno - 15th

visit
http://pl.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=48
http://pl.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=41
look here photo galleries the trail of wooden architecture
www.pl.pogranicze.eu


* Blizne - a 15th century church.
    The village is the site of All Saints church, built in the 15th or 16th century. This is one of the six Wooden Churches of Southern Little Poland, on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites since 2003.The church was built from larch wood in the Gothic style. The church was surrounded by a number of  huge trees. Formerly, the building was also surrounded by the defensive rampart  and it was located in the middle of  Stobnica backwater. In 1623 Tatars invaded Blizne, but surprisingly for them  the village inhabitants managed to prevent them  form destroying the village. Since then, Tatars stayed away form Blizne. In 1966 the village celebrated 600 anniversary of the Parish Establishment.

Haczów - the gothic wooden church
    The church is one of the oldest and biggest  wooden church  in Poland. What is more worth to mention the church is  considered to be the oldest wooden church around the world. Haczów used to be a royal property located on the both sides of the Wisłok River. Polish king Kazimierz the Great was one who was responsible for the village settlement (1360). The Act of settlement was rectified  in 1388 by Wladyslaw II Jagiełło. Also, in the same year the first roman catholic parish was established.
   The idea of the church’s building  is usually  connected with Queen Jadwiga (Jagiełło’s wife). The historian’s researches have shown that the church was built in 14c.
Zakapior
translated by JB

photo (bo, zakapior)

Read More...



The health resort in Rymanów Zdrój
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.12.2010

Rymanów Zdrój

   The health resort in Rymanów was established in the second half of the 19th century on account of the discovery of mineral waters in 1876. In  1881 this health resort officially opened its door to the public. Guest houses and residential hotels, bathing cabins, pavilions, and a new park sprung up in no time at all. In 1885 the very first domestic therapeutic camp was organized for children. The health resort in Rymanów Zdrój was damaged to a significant extent at the time of World War II. The majority of the structures that have been preserved are wooden buildings, the architecture of which was modeled and shaped to a vast extent on Tyrolean style, as was the care with some of the other Galician health resorts in the 19th century.
Worked out by Zakapior
translated by JB
the Maria villa 1886 "Pod Matką Boską"
photos (arch, bo, zakapior)

Read More...



The health resort in Iwonicz Zdrój
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.11.2010

Iwonicz Zdrój

   Iwonicz Zdrój is one of the oldest Polish health resorts, cited in as early as the 16th century. Yet the chief founding father of this health resort  was Karol Załuski, who, in 1837, proceeded to rebuild it. The very centre of the health resort comprises a well-preserved spatial arrangement and a wooden building complex which is relatively uniform in style and of unique historical merit. The majority of its structures were established in the second half of the 19th and early 20th century. A number of structures from the first half of the 19th century have also been preserved. This architecture constitutes a synthesis of the so-called Swiss style and the Late-classicist mainstream of native Polish architecture. In its later phase Secessionist elements with varied forms of carpentry and folk building intertwine therein.

Worked out by Zakapior
translated by JB
photos (arch, zakapior)

Read More...



Trześniów, Julin, Dydnia...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 10.11.2010

Trześniów
   A manor complex comprising a wooden manor house and  granary, a brick outbuilding as well as a landscape park which was most presumably built in the first half of the 19th century. The landscape park was located to the cast and south of the manor in the southern part of which there were two pored. The manor bas a wooden frame construction set on a stone foundation. A wooden granary from the first half of the 19th century is also a part of the complex.
translated by JB

The entailed estate of the Potocki family in Julin
   Te Hnting Palace complex in Julin was erected by the Second Heir of Łańcut, Alfred Potocki. The building of the  complex was completed in 1880. In 1927 the mansion was extended upon, and then a year later so was the kitchen. The complex comprises the following the hunting palace, servants quarters otherwise referred to as "dyrektorówka" or "adiunktówka", the kitchen building and ice generator (freezer). Located in the heart of the complex, the so-called Tyrolean-Swiss style. The complex has served the purpose of Museum-Castle in Łańcut since 1996.
translated by JB
   The larch palace on the occasion of the arrival of the Austrian archduke Rudolf. When the castle belonged to the Potocki family, many dignified guests from all over the world visited it. A kitchen, a pavilion, a cellar - a cold room remained from that period. Also the architecture of the hunting palace in a Swiss style is preserved.
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz

The vicarage from Dydna
   The vicarage was erected in approximately 1917 according  to the design of the architect Bogdan Treter. It is an exemplification (next to the wooden church in Jabłonka) of one of the most attractive structures to be built in the so-called "Zakopiański" (Highlander) style in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship.
translated by JB
Worked out by Zakapior

photos (bo, zakapior)

Read More...



From Beskid Niski
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.10.2010

Bohdan Zhukiewicz
photo Zakapior


Osiek - 1419
   The Roman-Catholic parish church of the transfiguration was built around 1419. About 1640 the church was substantially altered and extended (e.g. the tower and bell tower were added to the church’s west wall). The interior is decorated with 19th-century neo-baroque wall paintings. The church has a basilica-type layout rare in sacred wooden architecture.

 * Krempna -1778
* Kotań - 18th
* Świątkowa Mała - 1762
* Świątkowa Wielka
* Chyrowa - 1780
* Olchowiec

Read More...



Pokarpacie W
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 20.09.2010

 * Lubla - 15th
* Gogołów - 15th
* Święcany - 1520


* Trzcinica - 15th

   The parish church under the invocation of St Dorothy which  is presumed to have been erected close to the end of the 15™ century. A tower-belfry was built on to the nave, on the west side thereof, in the very late 16™ century. It was renovated and partially modified in the early 19™ and 20™ century. Its interiors are gilded with renaissance polychrome from approximately the middle of 16™ century and mannerist polychrome from about the mid 17™ century. The church is one of the oldest of wooden framework type, with a special roof construction, warranting uniform mounting of its roof ridge.
Bohdan Zhukiewicz, Zakapior
translated by JB

Read More...



« PreviousNext »
... photo...

Piątkowa - photo Wiesław Gargała

Info




The wooden architecture route in Podkarpacie


Of Folk Architecture Museum in Sanok



Zyndranowa


Kolbuszowa
Park Etnograficzny
skansen