Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Info

Národný park Poloniny
Bukovské vrchy



Národný park Slovenský raj


Pieninský národný park (PIENAP)



Tatranský národný park (TANAP)


Národný park Nízke Tatry (NAPANT)


Národný park Muránska planina


Národný park Veľká Fatra


Národný park Malá Fatra

TOURISM from SK - Zemplín, Šariš, Spiš, Liptov, Orava, (region)
Articles
The Šariš Museum of Folk Architecture in BARDEJOVSKE KUPELE...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 20.09.2012



   Has played an important role
in the preservation, protection, and presentation of these sights. In terms of the size of its collections and the results of its professional work, it far exceeds the borders of the region and it is ranked among the most significant institutions of its kind in Slovakia. It also belongs to the country's oldest museums.

The church from the village of Zboj




The house from the village of Fricka
   The timber house from the Ruthenia village Fricka in the Bardejov district was built in 1887. It was inhabited by a family of a  poor peasant. The house is divided into four rooms: the main room or "chyża", the pantry. The stable, and the multipurpose entry hall called "siń". The house is built on a tow wall foundation made of quarry stone, the walls of the house are of spruce wood. The wails of the "chyża" and the pantry, together with their joint wall from the side of "siń" are mortared with mud and whitewashed. The saddle roof with a hipped end on its front side was originally covered with a straw mixture, which was replaced by shingles during the later rebuilding of the house.
   The user of tine house: the main dwelling room is situated in the southern part of the house. The pantry served for storing food and dishes. The roofed space was used for storing hay and unthreshed grain, which was threshed in "siń". The furniture and equipment of the house are from the original locality as well as the neighboring villages of Petrov and Cigielka.



The harm from the village of Hankovce, Bardejov district
    The wooden polygonal construction ranks among the oldest types of double-section barns in the Upper and Middle Saris region. The barn is divided into malting floor, two smaller storage barns, and the chaff house. The straw roof protects the barn from bad weather.
   The use of the barn: loose arrangement of roughly worked beams of the barn creates suitable conditions for an airy storage of unthreshed grain.



The belfry the village of Nemcovce
    The belfry from Nemcovce village in the Bardejov district is a typical secular belfry. It is a simple, slender, columnar construction, narrowing conically upwards. The square ground-plan contraction is covered with a pyramidal shingle roof. The space under the bell is protected from bad weather by the external board siding of the belfry.
   The use of the belfry: Belfries of this are still used at present. Besides the announcements of time and of deaths, the voice of the bell is used to summon the inhabitants of the village and to announce emergencies. It is even rung in hope that the bell would disperse storm clouds.

The wooden church from Mikulasova


   Greek-Catholic wooden church from Village of Mikulasova was built in 1730. It is dedicated to festival of Protection of the Holy Virgin. In 1837, the church was enlarged to its present proportions and in 1931 relocated to Bardejovske Kupele (Bardejov Spa). It was built-on a single axis with three main sections - a timbered square sanctuary and a nave, and an extended timbered room under the tower called "babiniec". The towers above each section are constructed of poles. Mildly slanted walls inwards make the church more stable, and in despite of its rather small structure - 17 m, they contribute to its monumental appearance. The iconostasis, which is richly decorated with polychrome baroque carving, is dominating in the interior of the church. The wooden church from the village of Mikulasova is a great example of visual art of the 18th century and traditional wooden Slavic architecture, influenced by the Slavic liturgy.
   In 2003, due to necessary reconstruction, the church was taken apart, and in 2005 relocated directly to open-air museum - the Museum of Folk Architecture at Bardejov Spa. At the present time, church is being used for the religions and exhibition purposes.



The Apiary from the Village of Valkov, Svidnik district
    This is open wooden apiary of simple columnar construction with a counter roof. On two plank floors are laid hives - the wooden hollowed out ones, the board ones and the straw ones.
   Bee keeping used to be an important part of agriculture, which is also proved by the collection of hives in the Ethnographical Department of the Saris Museum.

The boring machinery from Bardejov
   This water pipe boring machinery used to be situated on the ground floor of a saw-mill next to a so - called mid-mil in Bardejov. Original documents about the water pipe boring machinery date to 1723.  In 1932 excellent carpenter. Robert Drobnak from Bardejov, followed the design of an old boring machine when building the new one that was reconstructed for the museum in 1960.
   The working part consists of a borer and a boring chair. The chair consists of a fixed beam supported by transverse sleepers that are laid on the ground. The frame is 75 cm wide and 350 cm long with steel led borders on the top sides. Along them is shifted a delivery van containing pine logs. They were bored first from one end then from the other by a borer 350 cm long until a boring smell was filled with chips. Then the cart was shifted back, and the chips fell out. The pier wood used for pipes was about 20 - 30 cm thick. It was cut in winter and driven to the "świdra" right away.
   There were about 100 - 150 water pipers stock available for the fixing of the Bardejov water pipe system every Lear.
Bohdan Zhukiewicz

... photo...

... widok ze Starej Lubovny na Tatry - (photo zakapior)


Trenčiansky hrad - photo Frantisek

Info



Bratislava


Košice


Prešov


Michalovce


Sobrance


Snina


Humenné


Medzilaborce


Svidník


Bardejov


Levoča


Spišská Nová Ves


Stará Ľubovňa


Kežmarok


Poprad


Liptovský Mikuláš


Ružomberok


Dolný Kubín