Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak

Národný park Poloniny
Bukovské vrchy

Národný park Slovenský raj

Pieninský národný park (PIENAP)

Tatranský národný park (TANAP)

Národný park Nízke Tatry (NAPANT)

Národný park Muránska planina

Národný park Veľká Fatra

Národný park Malá Fatra

TOURISM from SK - Zemplín, Šariš, Spiš, Liptov, Orava, (region)
Region szaryski (Šariš)... district Bardejov...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 15.09.2012

Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Bardejov, Frička.

    The Greek Catholic wooden church of St Michael the Archangel is from the 18th century. It is a log structure consisting of three parts.
   Parts of iconostas are from different periods. The lavishly ornamented tsar door is the part that attracts attention.
   Some pictures of the iconostas are from the 19th century. The icon of Pokrova is from the end of the 18th century. The altar dates to 1716.

Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Bardejov, Tročany.

    The Greek Catholic wooden church of St Lucas the Evangelist from 1739. This log structure contains three spaces and it stands on the site of an older building from the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries.
   Iconostas is from the 17th century, some precious icons painted on wood are from the 17th and 18th centuries. The unique collection of old woodcarvings, parts of the church did not survive.

: Prešovský kraj, Jedlinka.
It is situated 16 km to northeast from Bardejov.

   This orthodox church of the Protection of the Mother of God is of 1763.
 It is a typical three towered wooden sacral log building from the architectural point of view.
The church consists of the sanctuary, one nave and the small anteroom. The whole roof is covered with wooden shingles. The most precious objects to its inside are: the main altar in the sanctuary from the beginning of 19th century, the rich decorated iconostasis from 18th century belongs to the most complete and precious iconostasis in rococo style in Slovakia, icons of the Last supper, the Mother of God in the sanctuary, of St. Nicholas, of Hodegertria and very precious wooden candlesticks. In the church are found some very precious and well conserved liturgics books of the 17th century.

Location: Prešovský kraj, Kožany.
It lies to south-east of Bardejov is found 13 km.

   The Greek-catholic wooden Church of Meeting Jesus  with Simeon was built in 1698. It is three-part wooden log building built on the low stone foundation covered with wooden shingles. The church consists altar room, the nave and the woman part. On the inner walls there are very precious wall paintings from 1793 - 1797. They show the scenes from Old and New Testament. The iconostasis from the 18th century is atypical. It has only two doors: the main czar door for the priest and only one deacon door for the priest's assistants. The bell of the church from 1406 is among the oldest Gothic dated bells in Eastern Slovakia.

Location: Prešovský kraj, Lukov.
It lies 20 km to the west of Bardejov.

   The orthodox church of St. Cosmos and St. Damian  was built between the 1708 and 1709 in baroque-gothic style. It is wooden log building built on the stone foundation with three sections and covered with wooden shingles. From the architectural point of view the extended roofed space is unique. The church is situated on the higher part of the village. The iconostasis is not unified. The upper part comes from 1736, the lower part from the second half of the 18th century. The most precious pictures in the church are: the painting representing the Universal Judgment of the end of the 16th century, Deesis of 1680 and several other icons from 17th century.

Location: Prešovský kraj, Krivé
It is situated 15 km to the west from Bardejov.

   This Greek-catholic wooden church consecrated to St. Luke the  Evangelist, was built in 1826. The whole complex is built on the stone foundation. The roof is of shingles. During the reconstruction in the 20th century the building got a simple saddle roof, and so it lost its three-tower character. The small western tower completed with the cupola and the cross was added.
   The most precious parts to its inside are the decoration painted in red well conserved, that they frame the advanced part of the ceiling and the iconostasis to three file from the 18th century. Of the original iconostasis of the 17th century they are conserved, after to have been taken apart, some icons painted on the wood: icon of St. Archangel Michael, icon of the Baptism of Christ in the Jordan river, the icon of the Saviour. Very precious one is also the renaissance cross from the 17th century.

... photo...

... widok ze Starej Lubovny na Tatry - (photo zakapior)

Trenčiansky hrad - photo Frantisek













Spišská Nová Ves

Stará Ľubovňa



Liptovský Mikuláš


Dolný Kubín