Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
Info

Národný park Poloniny
Bukovské vrchy



Národný park Slovenský raj


Pieninský národný park (PIENAP)



Tatranský národný park (TANAP)


Národný park Nízke Tatry (NAPANT)


Národný park Muránska planina


Národný park Veľká Fatra


Národný park Malá Fatra

TOURISM from SK - Zemplín, Šariš, Spiš, Liptov, Orava, (region)
Articles
... folklore and ethnographic event...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 10.10.2012

Bohus Zhukiewicz
photo Slovakia travel, Zakapior

Národopisná expozícia v prírode SNM-MUK.
Svidnik
The open AIR Ethnographic Exposition of SNM-MUK MUSEUM - SKANZEN
,
Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Svidník.

    Monuments of folk architecture of material and spiritual culture of Ukrainians and Ruthenia's are concentrated in an open-air ethnographic exposition that can be seen above an amphitheatre in the town of Svidník in northeastern Slovakia.
   This sacred wooden construction is of 1766 and in origin was consecrated to Saint Paraskieva. In 1986 it was transferred from the Nova Pplianka village to the Open-Air museum in Svidnik. The interior walls of the original church were decorated by frescos. The iconostasis from the first part of the 18th century is not the original one, it was placed to its inside after the reconstruction of the church.


Read More...



Region szaryski (Šariš)... district Svidnik...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 05.10.2012

Bohus Zhukiewicz
photo Zakapior

* Miroľa
Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Svidník.

  
The wooden Greek Catholic church was built on a dominant plain in 1770 and is dedicated to of the Most Holy the Protection of the Mother of God (Pokrov). The church has  its architecture of Limbo's type, having three spaces. From outside is this division into three spaces stressed by gradual pyramidal roofs. The tower stands independently, outside the main structure, constructed on four bearing pillars. The whole structure is covered from outside with panels and also with a shingle roof. The upper third of the tower is covered with panels and equipped with small acoustic holes. The roof of the tower is pyramidal, having on the top a flattened onion dome that continues into a lantern. Above its roof is another tiny onion dome finished with a three barred cross.

* Nižný Komárnik - 1938
* Hunkovce - 18th

Read More...



The Šariš Museum of Folk Architecture in BARDEJOVSKE KUPELE...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 20.09.2012

The Gothic walk (Bardejov),
Location
: Prešovský kraj, okres Bardejov.

The starting and final point
: Radničné names tie square,

Route
: Franciscan Monastery - town walls.

    The walk in the “most Gothic” town of Slovakia inscribed in the UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage starts on the square
Radničné names tie
surrounded by the row of old burgher houses with typical gables.
    The secular dominant of the square is the building of the former
town hall from the 16th century - a wonderful sample of harmony between the fading out Gothic and the Transalpine Renaissance styles. The valuable interior of the town hall contains exhibits of the Museum of Šariš
.
   The most important sacral monument on the square is the
St Egidius church - a magnificent Gothic basilica with three naves. In its interior the statue of the Seat of Mercy
in the altar of St Barbara made in the workshop of Master Pavol of Levoča, the top wood-carving work in Central Europe is the most valuable item.
    The
Franciscan monastery with the St John the Baptist church stands in the western part of the town. It was built in the Gothic style. The monastic corridor with the Renaissance vault is its interesting part. Near the monastery are the town walls - the best preserved medieval defensive system in Slovakia. Then the route return to the square Radničné námestie.
Slovakia travel

http://www.sk.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=15
http://www.sk.pogranicze.eu/index.php?categoryid=15&p2_articleid=199
spa Bardejovské Kúpele

- is counted among the most beautiful ones in Slovakia. It is  undoubtedly ideal for those who want to experience really peaceful holiday in quiet surroundings, do something for healthy living and enjoy the loveliest corner of Slovakia. The spa lies away from all the motorways and main roads and thus it is kept from over visiting. Bardejov spa is surrounded by beautiful woods, where you can enjoy long walks along well-kept trails (25 km). 
   Bardejov mineral waters are natural, slightly to moderately mineralized, with healing effects.
   
They are classified as hydro carbonic - containing chloride and sodium - carbonic, cold, hypotonic, with a relatively high boric acid
content. The total mineralization ranges from 1,600 mg/liter to 9,400 mg/liter, and that of carbonic oxide from 2,200 mg/liter to 3,800 mg/liter.
Bohus Zhukiewicz



Open Air Museum – Museum of Folk Architecture.
Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Bardejov.

Slovakia's oldest open-air museum,
-
in north-eastern Slovakia. The museum's main sights include two wooden churches that were originally located in the village of Zboj (Orthodox) and the nearby village of Mikulášová (Greek-Catholic).
   The first exposition of the open-air museum in Slovakia was opened to public in 1965 in spa of Bardejov. It currently consists of almost 30 buildings of traditional folk architecture from the Upper Šariš and north-eastern Zemplín
regions.
   To the architectural dominant - the wooden church from the village
Mikulášová-Niklová, another wooden church from Zboj was added. Both Greek-Catholic churches are unique examples of sacral architecture.
   Apart from houses with stables, also structures with technical equipment- among them blacksmith workshop, fruit drying room, drilling mechanism driven by water
and the fuelling mill were placed here.
   A visit to the museum is enlivened by organized events, such as the Day of Crafts, the Folklore Afternoon, the Potters' Sunday, the Tour of the Ruthenia and Šariš Folklores, etc.
Slovakia trvel

*The church from the village of Zboj
   The wooden Boik church of the  eastern orthodox was built in Zboj village in the Humenne district in 1706. It is a three - sectional, four-room structure (the nave, the sanctuary, the "babynetz" - the seats for old village women. the choir) finished with stepped pyramidal roofs. The timber construction of the church is supported by the plain massive girders (12 x 56). The church represents masterly craftsmanship of the folk carpenters and their effort to create beautiful and harmonious timberworks.
Bohus Zhukiewicz

* The house from the village of Fricka 1887,
* The harm from the village of Hankovce, Bardejov district,

* The belfry the village of Nemcovce,
* The wooden church from Mikulasova - 1730,
* The Apiary from the Village of Valkov, Svidnik district,
* The boring machinery from Bardejov.
photo Daniel, Marian, Zakapior

Read More...



Region szaryski (Šariš)... district Bardejov...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 15.09.2012

* Lukov - Venécia
Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Bardejov, Lukov.

    The Greek Catholic wooden church of St Cosmo and Damian from 1708 and 1709. It is the log structure consisting of three parts built on stone masonry. The architectural particularity of this church is the overhanging attic on pillars around the building. It is also the only church in Slovakia with a cellar
.
   Baroque elements prevail in its interior. The majority of pieces in the iconostas are from the 18th century, but it also contains icons of the 16th and 17th centuries.
photo www.slovakia.travels, Milan Skorupa, Michal a Peter Holent
 * Frička - 18th
* Tročany - 1739
* Jedlinka - 1763
* Kozany - 1698
* Lukov - 1708
* Krive - 1826

Read More...



The old Spiš...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 10.09.2012

Following the traces of Master Pavol (Levoča)
Location: Prešovský kraj, okres Levoča.

The starting and final point: Námestie Majstra Pavla square.

   The walk around the Names tie Majstra Pavla square starts next to the Roman Catholic parish St James church built in the 14th century on the site of an older church. The main attraction of the church is the principal Late Gothic altar of St James. With its height of 18.6 meters it is the biggest of its kind in the world. It was made of linden wood in the workshop of Master Pavol in the years 1507-1517.
   The neighboring building of the former town hall of Levoča is the top sample of the Renaissance architecture in Slovakia. The town hall now contains the collections of the Spiš Museum dedicated to the history of the town. The Renaissance belfry and the cage of opprobrium from the 16th century complement the environs of the town hall.
   The famous wood carving workshop of Maestro Pavol of Levoča has allegedly been located in the yard of house no. 20. Nowadays, it is known as the "Master Pavol´s House" and an exposition of the Spišské museum containing the material about the artist can be seen here.
   The central square is skirted by more than 50 remarkable burgher and patrician houses. Many of them bear the names of their former owners. The Late Gothic Krupek House and Mariássy House with arcades are very interesting.
   The building of Waaghaus and the neighboring County House in the northern side of the square are also notable. The County House was among the stateliest buildings of the Kingdom of Hungary in its time. Seeing the interiors of the Renaissance Thurzo House can be a nice conclusion of the sightseeing in Levoča.
Slovakia travel


LEVOČA
    The historic town situated in the east of the Spiš region is a true cultural and historic jewel among the Slovak towns as it possesses a great number of architectural monuments linked with the glorious past of the town.
   The Spiš town of LEVOČA situated in the east of Slovakia below the mountain range Levočské vrchy, because of its rich history, is one of the most visited by tourist in the country.

HISTORY
    The city was first mentioned in a deed from 1249 as Leucha. The community, thriving on its advantageous position on the trade route Via Magna, rapidly grew into a town with several privileges. Shortly after, Levoča became the centre of German colonization in the Spiš region and in 1271 it was even promoted to the capital of the Association of the Spiš Saxons, which eventually lost its influence and Levoča was declared the free royal borough in 1323.
    The driving force of the Levoča's development was trade which gradually acquired an international dimension. The citizens of Levoča traded with Krakow, the Hanseatic towns and even with Venice. The craftsmen of Levoča produced not only for local consumption but also for the markets and fairs throughout Old Hungary and Poland. Later Levoča became one of the main centre's of the Renaissance and humanism in Old Hungary.
Daniel

Read More...



The National Park Slovak
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 20.08.2012

Slovak paradise (Slovensky raj) - Invitation to a paradise

   Welcome to the web pages of Slovak tourists and lovers of  the national park
Slovak paradise (Slovensky raj). The park belongs among the most beautiful Central-European national parks. It spreads over on the area of 19 763 ha and has been declared a National park in the year 1988. Slovak paradise is well known for its ravines and canyons connected together by ladders and footboards.
   The area of Slovenský raj belongs to
Slovenské rudohorie, specifically to  Spiššsko-gemerský kras. On the north and northeast borders Slovenský raj on Hornádska kotlina (basin of the river Hornad), that partially belongs to the protected landsite, on the west and north west it borders on Low Tatras. It belongs to the hydro geological landsite of the rivers Hornád and Hnilec. There is almost 200 caves and canyons in Slovenský raj. The Dobsinska ladova jaskyna (glacial cave) is accessible since as early as 1870 and belongs to UNESCO
.
Daniel

Read More...



mesto Spišská Nová Ves
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 10.08.2012

The trip to the tallest tower of Slovakia (Spišská Nová Ves)
Location: Košický kraj, okres Spišská Nová Ves.

The starting and final point
: (Radničné námestie)
Route
: Around the Radničné námestie square.

    The walk around one of the biggest squares in Slovakia starts directly in its centre next to the Roman-Catholic church of the Ascension of Virgin Mary from the second half of the 14th century. Its dominant is the 87 m tall tower, the tallest in the country.
Slovakia travel

Read More...



Castles in Slovakia the Spisz end Saris
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 20.07.2012

The ruins of Spis castle (Spišský hrad)

   On a lofty barren hill above the town (600 m above the sea level)  there are majestic ruins of a mighty castle, an administrative capital of former Spiš - it is the Spiš castle. The ruins stretching on the area of around 4 hectares are the biggest castle complex in Middle Europe, and, at the same time, an example of a development of military architecture from the 12th century till the 17th century...
   The castle overlooks a town called Spiskie Podhradie...

Miro
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz


The Lubovna castle (hrad Ľubovňa)

   Above the town’s district called Podsadek, on a calcareous rock 711 meters above the sea level there is a stone  Lubovna Castle. It was a part of a system of fortifications protecting the borders of the Hungarian Kingdom.
   Museum exhibitions presented inside were devoted to the history of the castle, its features and craft. Several reconstructed rooms from the former Lubomirscy palace constitute the most interesting part of the exhibition. In the high bastion there is an exhibition devoted to the last private owners of the castle - the Zamoyski family. Furniture of the époque is presented in the Baroque palace…
   At the feet of the castle there is the Ľubovňa Heritage Museum...

Miro
translated by Joanna Hardukiewicz

photos granted by VICO, (bo, zakapior)

Read More...



Museum in Stara Ľubovna...
By SK Pogranicze
Published: 20.06.2012

Národopisná expozícia v prírode - skanzen v Starej Ľubovni,
Stará Ľubovňa
Ethnographic natural exposition - open-air museum,

   The Museum of Folk Architecture, which is located at the base of the Castle Ľubovňa
in northern Slovakia, represents a separate exposition. It features a set of traditional buildings from the surrounding villages, which, coupled with the Castle, gives rise to unique and highly impressive scenery.
   The group of country houses in the open-air museum is reminiscent of a
picturesque settlement below the castle
and records the development of popular architecture in the area. It features 25 log structures from the first half of the 19th century until the beginning of the first third of the 20th century.
   Apart from farmer houses with original interiors, which show the past culture of housing and farming, the open-air museum also contains structures that were used seasonally for agricultural and craft purposes. A
blacksmith's workshop, a forester's house, a school, and a water mill
of Sulín are only some of them.
   A wooden Greek-Catholic church of Matysová of 1833 is the most valuable building to be found in the open-air museum. The wooden church with an iconostasis is consecrated to St. Michael the Archangel. To this day, Eastern Rite
services are held in the church to mark major religious celebrations.
   Both the open-air museum and the Castle Ľubovňa are home to a number of compelling events that enliven a visitor's trip to this area.
Slovakia travel

1. The Greek-Catholic church from Matysová
   The dominant of the exposition is the wooden Greek Catholic church sacrificed to Saint Michael Archangel, built in 1833. It belongs to the outstanding remembrances of the folk sacral architecture in the eastern Slovakia.
    It is rustic one-nave building with the sanctuary having a polygonal closure and an antechapel, above which the high tower is perking. The church interior is decorated with the iconostas, created in the Baroque - Classic style decorating three-row architecture from the first half of the 18th century. The side altar of the Transfiguration from the second half of the 17th century to the beginning of the 18th century is on the left from the iconostas. The original of the circular object hanging up on the ceiling in the middle of the nave is connected to the legend from the middle of the 17th century which had been preserved in the village. The church was transported to the exposition in 1979 and in 1991 it was preordained. Some lethargies in the Old Slavonic language are held there on some special religious holidays.
Bohus Zhukiewicz

2. The Dwelling House from Veľký Lipník from 1922,
3. The Seasonal Field Dwellings from Litmanová,

4. The Granary from Veľká Lesná,
5. The Farmer´s House and the Village´s Reeve´s house from Veľká Lesná,
6. The Shepherd´s House from Litmanová,
7.
The Peasants´ Homestead from Údol,
8. 
The Family House from Údol,
9.
The Carpenter´s Workshop,
10.
The House from Jarabina,
11.
The Living House from Jakubany,
12.
The Rooms´ Ceiling Billets,
13.
The Living House from Kremná,
14.
The Farmhouse from Kamienka,
15.
Smith´s Hearth,
16.
The Mill from Sulín.

photo (zakapior)

Read More...



mesto STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA
By Pogranicze SK
Published: 20.05.2012

STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA
    Overlooked by the ancient Ľubovňa Castle, the town of, the centre of the Northern Spiš region, lies in the River Poprad basin in northern Slovakia.

 -
is a town of interesting history and charming natural setting. The distinct countryside provides for recreation, hiking and curative stays. Spending time in the town and its surroundings, one may enjoy the Castle Days organized at the Ľubovňa Castle, or the Saint Hubert Festival held at the open air museum and accompanied by a rich program me including the red deer and roe deer calling presentations, as well as the Ľubovňa Market or the Midsummer Fires feast.
Slovakia travel

Read More...



« PreviousNext »
... photo...

... widok ze Starej Lubovny na Tatry - (photo zakapior)


Trenčiansky hrad - photo Frantisek

Info



Bratislava


Košice


Prešov


Michalovce


Sobrance


Snina


Humenné


Medzilaborce


Svidník


Bardejov


Levoča


Spišská Nová Ves


Stará Ľubovňa


Kežmarok


Poprad


Liptovský Mikuláš


Ružomberok


Dolný Kubín