Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
News
Articles
Zawoja...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 07.06.2018

   The Józef Żak Heritage Park in Zawoja Markowa was set up in 1973 on the initiative of Józef Żak, the long-running  president of the PTTK’s Babia Góra Branch in Sucha Beskidzka. The present plot of land was bought then along with the peasant hut from 1900 which stood there and belonged to Franciszek Kudzia. An exhibition was set up inside devoted to mountain tourism and it was also used as a  Research Station for the PTTK. In the 1980s Stefan Gancarczyk’s early-C20th hut was brought to the heritage park along with the oldest and most precious building in the park, the kurna (chimney-less) hut of Franciszek Stopiak from Zawoja Budzonie, dating from 1802-15. In this, the oldest building, an ethnographic exhibition was set up with characteristic interior fittings for the inhabitants of Babia Góra.

Parish Church of St. Clement the Pope and Martyr - 1888.

Read More...



Sidzina...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 06.06.2018

  The Regional Museum in Sidzina opened in 1963 to mark the 400th anniversary of Sidzina’s founding. The creator of the  open-air museum is Adam Leśniak. In it you can see an exhibition of traditional buildings from the Orawa region, including the peasant cottage and fittings of W. Banasik from 1806; a granary called “Górka” (hill) from 1897, which houses the Institute of National Memory, dedicated to the memory of September 1939 soldiers and World War II partisans, as well as a smithy transferred from Spytkowice. An unusual adornment to the open-air museum is a wooden Loreto bell-tower dating from 1937.

Read More...



Sucha Beskidzka...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 05.06.2018

The Rome Inn in Sucha Beskidzka,
- was erected in the mid-C18th, with the consent of the old landlords of the location the Wielopolskis, when Sucha,  gaining privileges and the right to, for example, hold fairs, became a trading settlement. It is a single storey log-construction building, covered by a hipped roof with a characteristic ridge and arcades at the front. The name Rome Inn draws on the legend of Mr. Twardowski (a Faust-like figure) and the ballad written by Adam Mickiewicz. Currently the tavern contains a restaurant serving Old-Polish and regional dishes.

Read More...



Jurgów...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 04.06.2018

   The Parish Church of St. Sebastian and Our Lady of the Rosary in Jurgów probably dates from the year 1675, and was founded  by the village administrator Jakub Kesz and the miller Mikołaj. The brick sacristy and St. Joseph’s Chapel date from 1935. The walls are log-construction and completely covered in shingles, decoratively carved into a herring-bone pattern. The rococo polychrome decoration with figurative,  geometrical and floral motifs dates from 1813, and during the inter-war period it was repainted by Kazimierz Piętka. The church fittings are mainly rococo (C18th); the main altar is adorned with a figure of Our Lady of the Rosary and sculptures of St. Peter and St. Paul.

The complex of shelters in the Podokólne Clearing - 1879,
The Sołtys Farm House - Spiš Folk Culture Museum - 1861.

Read More...
Ads