Sitemap Poland Ukrainian Slovak
News
Articles
Zawoja...
By Pogranicze Media
Published: 07.06.2018



   The Parish Church of St. Clement the Pope and Martyr in Zawoja was built in 1888. In the construction use was made of material from a  previous church which stood on this spot in 1757-59. It was endowed by Albrecht Habsburg, and based on a design by Karol Pietschka. It is an eclectic church, showing feature of the Alpine style. The interior was built to a Latin cross plan and has a tri-nave basilica layout. Inside the ceilings are supported on cast-iron columns between the naves. Noteworthy are: the figurative-ornamental polychrome from 1930 the work of Z. Milli and M. Arczyński, and six wooden baroque altars.

Ads